>Can you check your maven version? There was a change between 2 and 3.
>Maybe its related to that.
>
>mvn --version

Apache Maven 3.0.3

I found out that the <menu ref="reports"/>-snippet triggers mvn to generate
the projec documentation. But nonetheless mvn behaves really odd.

When I build it first I get the RAT report. When I build it again I get the
Changes and JIRA reports but the RAT report is missing. Building it once
more brings back the RAT report but JIRA and Changes are missing again.
*huh?!*

I am really afraid I could break something not obvious and this is what ist
he warning produced by maven:

[INFO] Downloading from JIRA at:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?view=rss&pid=10690
&statusIds=5&statusIds=6&resolutionIds=1&sorter/field=created&sorter/order=D
ESC&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC&tempMax=100&reset=true&decorator
=none
[WARNING]
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Failed to parse JIRA XML.
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.jira.JiraXML.parse(JiraXML.java:132)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.jira.JiraXML.parseXML(JiraXML.java:108)
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately
follow the '&' in the entity reference.