On 1/9/08, Penguino <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If the [la] is stressed, shouldn't there be a pause after it? The same thing
> happens with [lo jboprenu] and [re spageti].
>
> On Jan 9, 2008 8:08 PM, Jorge Llambías < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > But if you stress the first {la} of {la srilankas}, and don't pause after
> it,
> > you get {lasri la nkas}.

You can't stress a cmavo in front of (certain) brivla without pausing
after it, but there is no problem in general with stressing la/lai/doi
in front of a cmevla without a pause. I suppose one could extend the
rule to cmavo in front of cmevla.

But I prefer the dot side rules anyway, where {la .srilankas.} is ok.

mu'o mi'e xorxes