Thanks for the swift response.

Hmm...first, I don't quite see why it's "lo" here. To me if you can give
something a name (which in this case I can, though I won't for privacy
reasons) le is definitely warranted. But of course I'm here because I'm a
beginner, so I could be wrong; can you explain why lo seems fitting to you?

Second, I think I can see using sisti. That (if I understand it correctly)
implies that the school (as an agent) stops doing something, the "something"
in this case being obvious: the education process of the students. This is a
slightly different concept from a school "being closed", but it seems like a
fairly good approximation. It's at least an improvement over se ganlo, which
seems somewhat limited.

However, using se fanmo to me seems like it opens up some problems. It's
quite possible that this is just malglico, but based on the place structure
of ckule (in particular the location being x2), it seems that the x1 place
of ckule is not the school process, but the institution. Thus using se
fanmo, which seems to imply that ckule is a process, seems...odd. Of course,
I have not seen fanmo in usage, so I could be wrong as above.

mu'omi'e latros.