On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 01:47:59PM -0000, Jonathan Peterson wrote:
> Jon, who thinks Windows workstation connected to *nix machine running samba
> is the prefered development environment.

Aye aye. Windows UI is much nicer than linux's (right now) and
linux doesn't have a decent browser which is a serious handicap.

<drift type="mac rant">
I use a Mac Cube at home although still think Window's UI is
better -- I'm trying to figure out what everyone thinks is so
great about the Mac UI (alt-tab is braindead, no minimize all,
can't use keyboard shortcuts for any menu item, no easy way
to find open folders in Finder, etc). Its pastel shades are
great though, I'll give it that.
</drift>

Linux UI question (on Debian/KDE laptop right now): If I copy
a URL in a mail message by highlighting it, what's the fastest
way of getting that loaded in a browser? Right now I have
to delete the URL in a browser window and then paste. Being
able to click it and then hit ^V is *much* nicer (in Windows)
than this manual delete time wastage.

Paul