On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 12:07:38PM -0600, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> Linux UI question (on Debian/KDE laptop right now): If I copy
> a URL in a mail message by highlighting it, what's the fastest
> way of getting that loaded in a browser? Right now I have
> to delete the URL in a browser window and then paste. Being
> able to click it and then hit ^V is *much* nicer (in Windows)
> than this manual delete time wastage.

My solution is truly disgusting, but works.  I've patched bash so that I
can paste (middle click) a http URL onto the command line and it will
start in netscape.  As I always have at least one terminal open on my
desktop that does the job perfectly.

Let me know if you want the patch.

--
David Cantrell | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david/

  This is nice.  Any idea what body-part it is?