* at 24/01 12:07 -0600 Paul Makepeace said:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2001 at 01:47:59PM -0000, Jonathan Peterson wrote:
> > Jon, who thinks Windows workstation connected to *nix machine running samba
> > is the prefered development environment.
>
> Aye aye. Windows UI is much nicer than linux's (right now) and
> linux doesn't have a decent browser which is a serious handicap.

mozilla's pretty good. 9ok it does fall over a bit and is a bit of a
memory hog but i think you can point those fingers at ie too.

> <drift type="mac rant">
<snip>
> </drift>
>
> Linux UI question (on Debian/KDE laptop right now): If I copy
> a URL in a mail message by highlighting it, what's the fastest
> way of getting that loaded in a browser? Right now I have
> to delete the URL in a browser window and then paste. Being
> able to click it and then hit ^V is *much* nicer (in Windows)
> than this manual delete time wastage.

does ALT+L not open the open location dialog into which you can just
paste the url? but yeah, it is a bit broken that.

(or CTRL B and then select the relevant url :)

struan