> On 2001, 21, Mar, Wed, Cross, Dave wrote:
>
> > At Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:19:57 +0000 (GMT), Mark Fowler wrote:
> > > One of my collegues asked me about Perl training courses in the
> > > U.K.
> >
> > As far as I can see, none of the scheduled courses in the UK are
> > much cop.
> >
> > What do you need? If you can get three or four people interested in
> > doing the same course and can supply a suitable room, then Iterative
> > would be only too happy to help you out.
>
> This is what I think they would need to learn:
>
>  a) Get hit over the head a bit with my, local, strict, good
>     programming practices.  Maybe a quick refresher on how arrays,
>     hashes and suchlike really work.  (In terms of passing between
>     subroutines and stuff, how doing this 'casts' one into the other,
>     the difference between array and scalar context.)  Maybe a quick
>     refresher on references.
>
>     They should know all of this already, but I'd like a course to
>     make *sure* they do, if you see what I mean
>
>  b) This is how to get objects from CPAN, these are a few critical
>     classes that you need to know about.  E.g. this is Data::Dumper,
>     it's fscking useful.  LWP::Simple is your friend.  Etc, etc.
>     Something of a quick tour.
>
>  c) Get to grips with writing decent objects.  E.g. this is how bless
>     works, etc, etc.  This is what OO is about, how @ISA works, etc.
>     With examples that are relevant.
>
> See what I mean?  Not completely basic stuff but a course for
> programmers who aren't really 'in sync' with perl who just need a
> little prodding in the right direction.

Kind of an "Effective Perl" course. Sounds like about three days?
Can do.

How many people?

Dave...

named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader
of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
re-send this communication to the sender and delete the
original message or any copy of it from your computer
system.