> Ah, yes. That's like "we're listening", isn't it, in response to the
> fuel crisis? We're not going to do anything, but we're happy
> to listen.

That narked me about the fuel protestors. They claimed "the government
aren't listening". "Listen" ne "cave in to the selfish demands of a few
protestors who happen to be holding the nation to ransom" (unwittingly in
cahoots, some say, with the oil companies).

You can listen and still say "no".

It also irtritates me when the oil companies hike fuel prices and the "dump
the pump" lobby respond by suggesting that the government drop tax. Why
don't they ever have a go at BP or Shell?

--
matt | I mean to make you move with my planet infallible