On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 10:47:43AM +0100, Robin Szemeti wrote:

> I suspect the current 'Lad's' magazines phase is a backlash against the
> crazy political correctness of the 80's .. hopefully the whole thing will
> settle down eventually. I don't particularly care that much about it. The
> women in things like FHM are most certainly in there by choice and doing
> rather nicely from the whole thing thankyou. They are of course brainless
> bimbettes but thats another matter. I do find it rather objectionable is
> having them learing off the counter of every petrol station and
> newsagent you go to, when they should be on a nice high shelf somewhere.

I seem to recall some comic giving a rant to the effect of "Used to be
just the magazines on the top shelf, everyone knew where they were,
everyone knew what they were for. Then these FHM, Loaded, etc though -
huh?  What are they, for blokes who "aren't sure" if they want to
masturbate?"

Most of the readership I'm aware of don't recall that much of the
eighties anyway...

Martin