Robin Szemeti wrote:

> I suspect the current 'Lad's' magazines phase is a backlash against the
> crazy political correctness of the 80's .. hopefully the whole thing will
> settle down eventually.

If you see it lying around the reading 'Getting away with it - the story
of Loaded' by Tim Southwell is worth an afternoon (probably not worth
buying unless it's cheap though) if only for the first few chapters
about how they set up the magazine and the last few about how it started
to go wrong, the middle chapters are basically just anecodotes about
some of the interviews they did and aren't overly interesting.

After Loaded started eating into and then eventually surpassing their
market share FHM et al changed their image to take a slice of the Lads'
Mags market.