On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, Barbie wrote:

> His reasoning is probably due to the amount of people now accessing the web
> with little or no knowledge of how it works, are using a default LookOut and
> think it's great that they get fancy graphics in their mailbox.
>
> A bit difficult to get actual figures for that kind of thing really, unless
> Despair are still monitoring all emails for their trademark symbol ;)

You might want to check out
http://www.emarketer.com/estatnews/estats/email_marketing/20010529_valrad.html

I think they ran a survey or something.... interesting results,
unfortunately HTML/Rich Media (urgh!!) emails come out rather well :(

I've also been invovled in email marketing and generally speaking, and
this is country dependent, people who "can" view HTML emails is between
40% and 60%.

The last campaign we ran, to 40,000 people had a survey at the bottom for
people to choose Text or HTML emails.... result... split 50-50!!

HTH

Andy