on 20/6/01 11:13 am, Simon Wistow wrote:

> Both. I had a go at him for sending HTML email and he said that it was
> Ok because at least 50% of people use HTML email because Outlook Express
> does it by default.

I like the fact that there are people out there that think 12pt Arial in
purple makes them look stylish.

I think the latest versions of OE default to plain-text by default.... Mac
one (and Entourage) does.

This has come up time and time again on UK-NetMarketing - consnesus is that
HTML mailouts can work better, but have to be very carefully designed to
degrade gracefully. Webbugs are a no-no. Ask people what they want to
receive, rather than forcing HTML and clearing up the mess.

c.
--
     every day, computers are making people easier to use

              http://www.unorthodoxstyles.com