As threatened, I've changed the london.pm.org top and bottom wrappers
so that they're no longer fixed to a single width.

The first version (http://husk.org/perl/site/index_c.html) uses the
same images as the existing site *except* it adds interface/fudge.gif
(a single pixel spacer) and changes the logo.gif to make it easier to
line up.

The second version (http://husk.org/perl/site/index_r.html) uses a set
of images in interface/resize/ so that you can increase or decrease the
font size (which is most important for the navigation at the top and
bottom) without getting those blue 'gaps' (as seen at the tech
meeting). The disadvantage is that it uses more files (there are 18
resize images, as opposed to the original 6 images in the 'compact'
version).

Both versions use a modified style sheet that merely specifies
'sans-serif'. You may or may not want to use that.

Both are also now tagged with a doctype (HTML 4 Transistional) but fail
syntax checks because

* they use marginheight, etc in the <body> tag
* they use background in td tags

Unfortunately Netscape 4 doesn't fully support CSS, so we either have
to abandon standards or Netscape. Sigh.

The versions on husk.org use relative addressing. If you want me to
make that absolute again and send you the files, it's not a problem.

Cheers.

--
:: paul
:: what are the military applications?