----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Mison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 03 July 2001 16:36
Subject: RE: Website: no longer fixed width

> (Can I point out the whole point of making the site not-fixed-width was
> that it now fits 640, 800 *and* 1024 by whatever, and indeed anything
> in between? Oh. Sorry.)

Well said.

> Am I the only person in the world pissed off at the fact that, after
> ten or twenty years of building window systems, we've now got to a
> point where (many?) people run *every single app* maximised, even
> Outlook Express, for goodness sakes, and just use the Windows task bar
> to swap between them?

Different people work in different ways, and have different requirements. I
run "every single app" maximised and ALT-TAB between them. I like it that
way, and some of my apps don't work properly any other way. Also, my Vaio
will only drive a 19' monitor at 800*600 in true colour. If someone else
wants to scatter small windows all over their desktop and spend lots of time
scrolling instead of ALT-TABbing, then that's fine by me :)

/Robert