"Lee Goddard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> How many perl programmers living in London (or, as the site says,
> non-programmers maybe not even living in London) can't see it?  Or are
> too lazy/confused/skint to implement a 1024x768, high-colour display
> resolution?  I know laziness is a virtue like hubris, *but*.... well,
> I think the requirement of 1024x768 is probably a good common denominator.

640x480 is more commonly used as a lowest common denominator by most
web design companies for the usual web market.

It also presupposes a certain arrogance on the part of the designer to
assume the browser window is maximised to the whole screen size.  The
browser is usually only one of many open windows.

Programmers are a special case and tend to use text only browsers and
be colour challenged (ever tried to use a Sun as a desktop system or
get X working on the latest graphics card?).

So sites targeted at programmers should work on lower spec systems
than the usual web market.

--
1024/D9C69DF9 steve mynott [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- albert einstein