On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 04:41:42PM +0100, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> For me the best films of all time would be,

[and lots of people replied with various opinions]

but I haven't seen the following mentioned;

Akira
Anime probably doesn't count but this was definitely one film I rushed out
to buy when it was released

Fargo
Didn't get this the first time I saw it, had to see it a second time to
appreciate it.

But thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd list either of them as "The Best
Film of All Time".

Films I consider great however would include;

  Ghost Dog
  Toy Story
  Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
  The Italian Job

and a fair few on the others already mentioned.

Having got this far I'm not sure I can come up with one film that qualifies,
I haven't seen most of likely candidates (Citizen Kane, The Seven Samurai).

Neil.