* Matthew Byng-Maddick ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Practice of Programming - Kernighan and Pike

Now I regard Code Complete as a better book, but ho hum.

> Commentary on the Unix 6th edition, with source code - John Lions.

My only complaint is that it doesnt fit on my bookshelves (its
printed, well at least by copy is) in landscape.

> An Introduction to Algorithms - Cormen, Rivest and Leiserson

I didn't think this would appeal to the masses, and to those who
haven't read it, it is far more than a simple introduction, CLR (i
seem to remember that being the abbrev in Uni, not CRL, but i may be
wrong) is probably the best single book you can buy on Algorithms.

> Programming Perl (3rd Ed) - Wall, Christiansen and Orwant.

Well as your mentioning Perl books, I'd recommended Effective Perl
Programming, which not a lot of people (present company excluded) have
probably heard of.

> Is this good, I've heard about it from others before, it may well have to
> migrate to my "to get" list.

Very!

Greg

--