[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Actually, I have spent a large 3 figure sum on a keyboard; my Maltron,
> which I pray will never suffer the ravages of soup; my fingers would
> never forgive me.

I though I must have read this wrong, since I figured that a large three
figure sum would be at least £600, but having just looked at
www.maltron.com I see that they aren't quite that dear, but not too far
off. Good job you can rent them for only £10 a week.

> It's all about the key action, expensive IBM keys just feel *right*.
> If I use lesser flat keyboards than the likes of the
> IBM/Lexmark/(Can't remember who bought the patent, but they do a
> really cool looking DEC vt220 compatible keyboard as well) for any
> length of time then I start to get the old tingling fingers and sore
> wrist thing that I really don't want to think about.

I just use one of those gel-wrist wrests, you know, the ones with the
consistency of a soft-on. I find that they are excellent for keeping my
fingers fine. That, and doing as little work as possible.

Jasper
--
      split//,'019617511192'.
      '17011111610114101114'.