On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 04:13:26PM -0600, Chris Devers ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Dave Cross wrote:
>
> > Yes, I'm a bit grumpy because I lost my job today, but hey I might as
> > well take it out on all of you, becuase you're all just virtual anyway
> > :)
> >
> > WHERE ARE ALL THE BLOODY BOOK REVIEWS?
>
> My book showed up last night! :) I have now seen that mail coming from
> UK->USA in a suspiciously opaque & crinkly brown package takes a week or
> two, while mail coming from Sweden->USA in a semi-transparent polyvinyl
> package takes at least a month or two. That or all transatlantic mail gets
> queued up and sent to the USA at the same time. :) Thanks Dave & Magnus!

Excellent. I sent it last Saturday.

I was actually having a go at the people who HAVE HAD BOOKS FOR OVER A MONTH.
Makes you wonder how fast they read :)

[snip]

> What do I do with a review once I've got one? Just send to the list?

Yep. That'll be perfect. We have a trained team of pixies who monitor the
mailing list for reviews. When they find one, they extract it and magically
transform it into something that is almost but not quote entirely unlike
HTML :)

Dave...

--

  .sig missing...