On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Alex Gough wrote:

> > On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Chris Devers wrote:
> >
> > > My book showed up last night! :)
> > >
> > > It seems to be *very* introductory on the Perl side -- actual [tongue in
> > > cheek] bullet points from chapter two:
> > >
> > >     * What is a computer program?
> > >     * What is a programming language?
> > >     * What is a computer?
>
> Where they in that order, or do biologists usually start reading
> at the bottom of a page?

Yes, it's in that order. The narrative goes something like "in order to
solve these sorts of problems, you write a computer program, and in order
to run a computer program you have to write it in a programming language."
And then the three explicatory bullet points, with the third one being
more or less just a joke.

But it'll all be in the review, whenever I finish reading it.

--
Chris Devers

"People with machines that think, will in times of crisis,
make up stuff and attribute it to me" - "Nikla-nostra-debo"