On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 11:22:25AM +0000, Piers Cawley said:
> Just finished reading Jon Ronson's 'Them'. Very highly recommended
> indeed. He spends a large part of the book dealing with folks who go
> on about the 'shadowy Bilderberg group that controls the world
> government, full of high powered individuals, blah, blah'. Then he
> gets an interview with one of the founders of the group. I won't spoil
> it for you by telling you who he is, but just that one name completely
> undercuts the conspiracy nuts beautifully.

Au contraire, if it is the same person we're thinking of (DH?) although
they do give a nice pat soundbite I think, if anything, it confirms
almost all of the conspiracy theorists worst views [0]. Even if the
Bilderberg group don't *think* they're doing anything wrong.

I found the duality/schizophrenia of the book interesting (he says,
misuing words with recless abandon, but you know what I mean).

Go, read, it's interesting and an easy and entertaining read.

Simon

--
: the crystal splits the spectrum and the radiations match

[0] apart from the lizards.