    David> Agenda Microwriter - alas no longer made but used a chording
    David> keyboard with a key resting under each finger of the right
    David> hand.

I had one of those!  The only words I remember how to chord are 'ill'
and 'jam', unfortunately.  There's been a big gap between the two, but
I've been learning sign language over the last two years; two-handed
(BSL) sign reminds me a great deal of the chords from the microwriter.

This thread looks like it might head towards the Twiddler.  I'd really
like it not to.  Horrible, horrible things.  :-)  For all the talk of
qwerty and dvorak, I'm happy with qwerty.  I don't think it limits me
too much, and I can't see any input method with the same amount of
privacy being significantly faster.  Speech interfaces are a little
broken when you're either in a situation with lots of background noise
or want to do something without everyone around you knowing what it is.

- Chris.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris@void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
         "In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."