On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 08:40:23AM +0100, Dave Cross wrote:
> My mother was asking me the other day about the best way for them to get
> connected to the Internet. I assume it'll be via one of the unmetered deals
> - Freeserve, BT, maybe even AOL or Compuserve.
>
> Does anyone have any information that would help me choose the best service
> (as opposed to just the cheapest) for them?

Most ISPs do the unmetered thang with that surfport or whatever the hell
it's called.  Given that, then choose the best ISP and the rest will fall
in to place.

I recommend Nildram - on the few occasions when I've used dial-up to get
at them, it has worked as well as one can expect dial-up to work, plus,
assuming that they'll need support, their support staff are clueful and
aren't on a pay-through-the-nose number.

--
David Cantrell    |    Reprobate    |    http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

  I often reflect that if "privileges" had been called "responsibilities"
  or "duties", I would have saved thousands of hours explaining to people
  why they were only gonna get them over my dead body.
                 -- Lee K. Gleason in comp.org.decus