On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Oliver Smith wrote:

> > - Freeserve, BT, maybe even AOL or Compuserve.
> >
> > Does anyone have any information that would help me choose
> > the best service (as opposed to just the cheapest) for them?
>
> Well, best service is very hard to determine. I still find Demon to be
> the best IP service around because I always find it will do that little

I agree very much with Demon, also that their technicians actually know
what's going on, and if you ask them a question, they have the answer.
(Hot modem failover for your DSL line, anyone? With static IP routing)

Their DSL used to fail once a week (BT's fault, not theirs), but this is
down to about once a month now if that.

I can't use their dialup proxy server from a DSL line. Perhaps I can now,
I haven't looked.

(DSL customer since it was first out, dialup customer for 10 years or so)

S.

--
Shevek
I am the Borg.

sub AUTOLOAD{my$i=$AUTOLOAD;my$x=shift;$i=~s/^.*://;print"$x\n";eval
qq{*$AUTOLOAD=sub{my\$x=shift;return unless \$x%$i;&{$x}(\$x);};};}

foreach my $i (3..65535) { &{'2'}($i); }