--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

An entity claiming to be Peter Haworth ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
:
: RedHat has involved trying to find suitable RPMs, then manually installing
: them. I'm sure RH has a nice automatic way of doing this, but Debian does=
 it
: out of the box, and handles the dependencies, too.
:=20

Gnorpm handles the "automatic" part, and IIRC, also dependencies.  However,
dpkg/dselect/apt under Debian have a better design.  I don't think you can
"hold" any packages under Gnorpm.  I haven't found any decent command line
wrappers for rpm, so you're out of luck if you don't have X installed.

Mark

--=20
[]                         |      Consistency requires you to be as
[] Mark 'Doc' Rogaski      |      ignorant today as you were a year ago.
[] [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |                    -- Bernard Berenson

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z

--Nq2Wo0NMKNjxTN9z--