On Sun, 2002-07-07 at 20:37, Natalie S. Ford wrote:
> Well, little me is subscribed to n mailing lists, both with mailman and
> majordomo.  I notice no difference as a user, btw.  My main 'problem'
> is that,for one of the mailman lists, mutt replies to the sender but
> for all others (london.pm included), mutt replies to the list.  And I
> always fofget that when I reply to that one list.

and it's worse the other way round - where people are used to not having
reply-to set to the list, and then end up sending personal replies to
the list that has reply-to munged.

so in a way, it's a privacy issue.

paul has a valid point though, that when people hit 'reply to all' it
may be annoying to get a copy sent to you as well as the list.  for me
it's not annoying, because that reply will be very interesting to me if
it's a reply to one of my posts, but for him it is...

but i think the occasional person having to have more complicated mail
filters is a worthwhile trade-off, because it means everyone has more
choice and some embarrassing/damaging mistakes are avoided.

alex