Ben> I am a bit of an XML bigot, though. However, I've just started
Ben> looking at XPFE and Mozillas framework stuff, and despite a few
Ben> minor annoyances so far, it looks like it might help cure my
Ben> XMLophobia a bit.

I believe XML is great for what it was intended: a cross-platform
vendor-neutral text-based representation of hierarchical
somewhat-self-describing data, somewhat robust to version upgrade.

However, I hate typing it.  I hate having to type </foo> when I get to
the ending level.  I want to just type a right-paren, watch my editor
flash the corresponding left paren, and be done with it.

XML is great for machine-to-machine.  For me, XML sucks for
human-to-machine, and is only marginally better at machine-to-human.