On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 09:54:04PM -0600, Nigel Hamilton wrote:
> This is also one of the few advantages of contracting ... you can
> negotiate to retain your IP ... and over time your professional library
> will grow (in theory)... which gives you more to offer future clients.

I've been in pretty much only permanent jobs, and I have an increasingly
good technical library at home. If you're contracting you can often end
up with a situation where you're working for hire, and so you're in no
position to try and negotiate the IP. I haven't ever had problems with
IP of things I've done outside work time, either, though I can imagine
that some permanent companies like to 0wn j00, that's a reason for not
working for those companies, but not for the difference between permanent/
contractor work.

--
Lusercop.net - LARTing Lusers everywhere since 2002