On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> such as scalars....There should be a whole section on how to do it - who owns the
>reference
> of items on the argument stack, which API routines increase the reference
> count for you on the assumption that this will save you another call, which
> API routines hook the pointer you gave them into another structure without
> changing the reference count, and in effect take a reference from you.

As someone who recently had a go at XS programming, and who has read the
book, I have to agree with this one.  I'm totatlly confused. HELP!

Could you, or anyone else, give me a pointer to where this kind of thing
is documented?

Mark.

--
s''  Mark Fowler                                     London.pm   Bath.pm
     http://www.twoshortplanks.com/              [EMAIL PROTECTED]