On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 05:36:19PM +0100, Michael Lamertz wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 28, 2002 at 03:27:21PM +0000, Jonathan Peterson wrote:
> > I'm playing with vim. Either it's standard perl syntax file doesn't
> > support folding, or I can't get folding to work for some reason (setting
> > fold method to syntax..).
> >
> > Vague comments about remedying either situation appreciated.
>
> I had problems with foldmethod=syntax too, as far as I remember.

I played with it when it was very new, and I think I got something
working, but I can't remember the details.

It's funny (or maybe it's not) but I thought I would make a lot of use
of folding, and was really looking forward to it.  Now it's there, the
only time I use it is in vimdiff, which has removed the only reason I
ever looked longingly at emacs.

> I had it in for a while, but did take it out lately since I started to
> get on my nerves to always need to open the folds before I could see my
> code.

Yep.

--
Paul Johnson - [EMAIL PROTECTED]