You could procmail him to the bit-bucket ...
I could,  but it would actually be nice to have local time ..

It one of those situations where I wrote back being polite, and then realized
that he was the same guy who mailed me back in April....

I strongly recommend using seconds.  You'll have to convert to seconds
anyway if you want your calculations involving dates and times to be sane.
Well at the moment the project is at the stage where I've just discovered that
time zone borders do not follow US state boundaries.  Grrrr.

T.

--
The future's bright,  the future's orange!

http://www.tamsin.com