On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:43:50PM +0000, Shevek wrote:
> My opinion on programming (this week) is that the modern generation of
> programmer has never used any system where commands are executed as you
> type them, and thus they have no concept of a sequence of instructions,
> and therefore they cannot program.

I would have thought any of the Unix shells were a "system where
commands are executed as you type them", you have expressions, variables
and instant feedback. Among them the whirl as you realise that rm -rf
shouldn't be taking this long...

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson     http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand