Simon Wilcox wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Jasper McCrea wrote:
>
> > Simon Wistow wrote:
> > > It is *really* important that you sign up though. You will not "under
> > > any circumstances" be let in if you've not signed up according to the
> > > office manager.
> >
> > Not that I've been to many tech meets, but this doesn't seem like a very good
> > policy for a meeting place. Although the facility is good.
>
> It's not a meeting place, it's their office. They're perfectly entitled to
> put into place whatever security they feel like.

Place where London.pm meets to discuss technical matters not a meeting place.
Film at 11.

> As you mention, the venue is excellent and I would encourage everyone to
> be wholly positive about this lest they decide it's not worth the
> aggravation.

Don't get me wrong, I think Yahoo! are entitled to put in place whatever
policies they want. However, I don't think it's in anyone's interest to be
wholly positive about a policy that may at some stage prohibit someone from
going to a meeting that they might like to or everyone else might like them to.
Someone fretting on a mailing list is hardly going to push the Yahoo! office
manager over the edge in a mad rampage and ban London.pm, is it?

Perhaps you think I shouldn't mention it just because I'm not in a position to
offer anything better?

Jasper