Hi,

This seams to be more a sybase issue but I have just been having the same conversation
relating SQL Server.

In SQL Server this is related to being able to create tables that have variable length
fields whos total size is larger than the page size.

This results in tables where one varchar field works fine at max length but filling
all the fields up to there max results in the error as the record no longer fits in a
single page.

Hope this helps

Paddy