From: "Raf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 7/14/03 2:16:15 PM

>David Hodgkinson said:
>>
>> Get the SAMS Sybase Unleashed book.
>>
>> Oh, and then read it.
>
> Why would I want to do that?  You start using a new
> database, you f-up, you learn. You ask stupid questions.
> Interact with those who care to answer you.  Much more
> fun.  Faster too.  And you get paid in the processes.
> Still think it was poor error reporting.  If otherwise,
> then I wouldn't have had to ask about it.  We can't/don't
> want to all be Pointy-Hats for Hire with the complete Sams
> 24 hours collection. :)

Well, you'll probably find that there will be far more people
to "care to answer you" if you show signs of havinf RTFMed before
asking your question. Also looking stuff up in a good book is
far quicker than asking on a mailing list or newsgroup.

When I first started working in Sybase about 10 years ago, the
Sams Unleashed book was one of the best purchases I made. It
has paid for itself many times over in time saved. Assuming that
the current edition is of the same standard you'd be well advised
to buy a copy.

Dave...

--
<http://www.dave.org.uk>

"Let me see you make decisions, without your television"
   - Depeche Mode (Stripped)