Patrick Mulvany said:
> Hi,
>
> This seams to be more a sybase issue but I have just been having the
> same conversation relating SQL Server.
>
> In SQL Server this is related to being able to create tables that have
> variable length fields whos total size is larger than the page size.
>
> This results in tables where one varchar field works fine at max length
> but filling all the fields up to there max results in the error as the
> record no longer fits in a single page.

I fixed this a short while ago, but reshuffling my schema.  I'm working
with a pseudo-semistructured model, which had indexed some big varchars.
On a hunch I moved the big, never read, garbage (as I should have first
done) into a text_type, where I stored them as text.  It seems to have
fixed the problem.

> Hope this helps
It did a tad.  Now I know why it didn't work in the first place.

Seems like a bit of poor error handling/reporting on the part of sybase
though.

Thanks.

R.