All,

> Again, if people think that LSVR is a good idea, then how can they
> think that ISIS flooding over TCP is not a good idea ? This is
> the base idea for our proposal. A quick look at the LSVR draft
> show people from Cisco, Nokia (and Arrcus). (I'm not sure what
> Juniper or Arista or other vendors think about using BGP-LS).

I would like to make one additional observation here ...

We are experiencing BGP-LS crusade (completely outside of LSVR) as there is
some demand to send data carried by IGP (incl SR, TE and now even BFD
extensions) to remote controllers over TCP.

I am pretty sure that BGP-LS would have never started if we would have had
an ability to send LSDB content over TCP day one. /* Let's put controller
to controller NNI across ASes aside for a moment. */

With that to me ability to progress with TCP transport extension for ISIS
(and OSPF) is actually more important then work on flooding reduction. I
know it may not be a popular statement, but that is based on both looking
at the operational side as well as BGP protocol side.

Thx,
R.