Hi Aijun,

As I think what you are proposing overall is useful let me in turn comment
on some of your statements ...

[WAJ] It is common, for example, ISIS level1-2 router will announce the
>> default route to the level 1 area. And, also in the OSPF totally stubby
>> area.

Well let's just take OSPF and imagine:

 Area1 --- ABR1 --- Area0 ---ABR2 --- Area2

So you are saying that unreachable should be always flooded/leaked domain
wide. That's news - I was always thinking of this functionality only in the
case when a summary route covering such more specific is present. Default
should not count ... at least I am not sure if this is safe or makes sense
at this point.

[WAJ] The tunnel soultions described in section 6 is the last resort of the
>> path switch procedure. If we deploy the PUA mechanism, normally the routers
>> within another area will switch automatically to other ABR when it receives
>> the PUA from one ABR.  Only in the critical scenario that described in
>> beginning of section 6, the solution described in section 6.1 or 6.2 will
>> be used.

I think this is where you are starting to confuse people. In my option this
solution should have nothing to do with selecting which ABR to use to cross
area boundary.

The cases when one ABR has full remote reachability and the other one
partial one in my view are symptoms of a very poorly designed network and
to stretch protocol thin to cover for those mistakes with a patch is not a
good thing.

I would actually trim most use cases leaving just one - to signal remote
service node (ex: PE) going down in the presence of summary route being
advertised from remote area or pop.

Thx,
R.