> I was not bringing RIFT's negative routies example as something inherently
> negative. I was just pointing it out to illustrate that today's data plane
> lookup does not really support "if does not match" checks.
>
> *[WAJ] In data plane, the device do still the “match” check, not “does not
> match” check.  When the router receives the PUA information, it will
> install one black hole route for a short time.*

So your idea is that you install route for unreachable prefix to /dev/null
?

And how would that help connectivity restoration ?

Moreover it seems that it will just also prevent any local protection to
locally bypass the failed destination.

Bottom line is that I agree with one problem statement. However IMHO
described actions upon reception of PUA are questionable at best.

Cheers,
R.