> On Jul 12, 2024, at 10:49, Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) <ginsb...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> Acee –
>
> The neighbors do not control when the flooding of the purge/update reaches
> all routers in the network.
> The neighbors have direct control of the exchange between themselves and
> their immediate neighbors – nothing else.

The restarting router has no better idea. If you’re suggesting suppressing
advertising adjacencies until all neighbors of the restarting router are
adjacent (which is a bad idea), the restarting router can do this as well by
suppressing its link advertisements. There is NOTHING additional that can be
accomplished by adding LLS signaling.

Acee