Hi all,

first I have to say, that I am using Linux now for only two months. Because
of this, I am not very good in explaining problems to other and better
users. I hope, I can give you a good explanation.

I have a problem using LTSP in combination with DSL.
First I set up LTSP_2.08 with all the standard parameters in the
config-files and everything worked fine.
The installation consists of a server with a IBM Fast Ethernet LAN Card and
3 clients, all equipped with Realtek 8139-chipsets.

Then I have installed another LAN card for the DSL, a Realtek 8029. The NIC
is configured properly and the DSL is running fine. The only problem is
using both together.

Because DHCP is running, the DSL can not be initialized and vice versa.
When I boot up my RedHat Linux 7.0 without DHCP and with no clients
attached and then start the DHCP, there is an error message saying, that
both adapters use the same subnet. The IP-address of the IBM NIC is
192.168.0.254 and the one of the Realtke is 192.168.0.10.
Then I changed the IP from the Realtek to 192.168.1.1. That should also
change the subnet. But still it doesn't work.
There is also a strange thing which is invoked by how I am starting DHCP.
If I start it by just typing in "dhcpd start" then the error message
appears and it doesn't start at all. If I start it by changing the
directory to /etc/init.d and typing "./dhcpd start" then DHCP is started
with no error at all.

Now I have the problem that neither LTSP nor DSL is running. I am sure,
LTSP will run if I remove the other NIC.
Can anybody help me configuring my dhcpd.conf-file for using both NICs on
different subnets so I can use LTSP and DSL at the same time ?
My dhcpd.conf-file is the same as the example config file given by the LTSP
installation, I have only changed the MAC addresses.

I don not know, if you need further information for solving my problem, but
feel free to contact me, if you do.
By the way, the IP-address for the second NIC which is used for DSL is free
to choose, because my Provider will give me a new one.

Thanks a lot

Oliver Krehan