On 30-Nov-01 Martin Herweg wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> In case you need them : there are two boxes labelled JavaScript
>> and
>> Java on the tab Plug-Ins under File -> Preferences ->
>> Applications.
>> Although in my version the Java checkbox is disabled.
>
> it looks disabled, but java-applets do work ? strange!

Which Java applet did you use to test? Because last time I tried the
chat room of Yahoo groups didn't function with Opera.

>> > I have opera 5.05
>>
>> Opera 5.05 for Linux?
>
> yes, of course Linux  - are there any other OS worth mentioning ;-)
> LTSP-> the L is for Linux

Don't worry! I am using Linux too! SuSE 7.0 to be more precise.
But the 'About' window in my copy of Opera says I have

        Opera 5.0 for Linux - 20010510 Build 024 -[5]

Therefore I simply wondered about the second digit after the comma in
your version number. Certainly because the page at

        http://www.opera.com/download/get.cgi?platform=linux

(still) only mentions v5.0  I don't see any 5.0>5< there!

>> Teachers are each in a class by themselves.
>
> your are a teacher in belgium ?

Yes, I am an ICT teacher in Belgium since 1976. My students are
between 16 and 18 years old. I serve them an ICT course of 10 hours
a week during two subsequent schoolyears.

> (how) are you using Linux in your school ?

Two schoolyears ago we started using SuSE Linux in our computer
classroom on standalone boxes. Last year three students studied LTSP
and succesfully installed a system with four terminals as a graduation
project. During the summer holidays we refurbished some more 486s and
expanded the network to fourteen terminals. Which is what we are using
now on a daily basis ever since September.

> this is our first LTSP room:
> http://www.n-hilden.de/elektronisches-klassenzimmer/classroom.html

I'll have a look at it and come back to you.

Shuss,
Wouter