I am probably a bit further than you in this pursuit and while I still
haven't found how to get AGP working correctly, I have gotten the drivers
to work in PCI mode and I can give you some information based on my
experience so far.  There is, BTW, a good HOW-TO on the LTSP web site that
is a little outdated but a good starting point.

   http://www.ltsp.org/documentation/nvidia.txt

I found that I had to build a kernel to get my NVidia driver to compile
correctly.  So, go get a fresh 2.4.9 kernel source, use the instructions
in the LTSP document to build a kernel, modules and do a 'make
modules_install'.

Here are my notes:

 o Get kernel source for LTSP distro
 o Use config file from ltsp_initrd_kit
 o make kernel (even though you aren't going to use it)
     make xconfig
     make dep
     make clean
     make bzImage
     make modules
     make modules_install
 o Get NVidia kernel modules src and build with :

     make SYSINCLUDE=/usr/src/linux-2.4.9/include NVdriver

   Note : I had to redefine an unresolved snprintf to sprintf to get this
   to compile ?!?

 o Copy this to target location (like this):

     cp NVdriver
/opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules/2.4.9-ltsp-5/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver.o

 o Perform a depmod
        something like

        depmod -b /opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules/2.4.9-ltsp-5 \
               -C /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/conf.modules\
               -F /usr/src/linux-2.4.9-ltsp/...

   I couldn't get this to work.  In this case, just edit

        /opt/ltsp/i386/lib/modules/2.4.9-ltsp-5/modules.dep
   and add the line :

        /lib/modules/2.4.9-ltsp-5/kernel/drivers/video/NVdriver.o:

    (a bit sloppy, I know)

  o edit /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/lts.conf and add :

        MODULE_02 = NVdriver

  o Now, the LTSP scheme for building an XF86config file doesn't work with the
    Nvidia Xserver.  So... /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/X11/XF86config-4 MUST exist.

    To get it right, I took the following steps:

     - Boot with the default XF86config file.
     - From a serial terminal connection, cat the /tmp/XF86Config file to
       the screen and do a cut-and-paste to /tmp/XF86config-4 on the server.

Note : You need rsh and LOCAL_APPS to do this step unless you have your
own way of getting a shell on the DC.

     - Copy /tmp/XF86config-4 to <ltsp_root>/etc/X11/XF86config-4
     - Edit <ltsp_root>/etc/X11/XF86config-4 and change "nv" to "nvidia"

  o Add the NVIDIA_GLX files needed

     - On the server

        rpm -q NVIDIA_GLX --list > /tmp/temp
     - Edit /tmp/temp and remove all unecessary files (/usr/share/doc/NVIDIA..)
       remove leading '/'.
     - Tar and untar

         % cd /
         % tar cvf /tmp/nv.tar `cat /tmp/temp`
         % cd <ltsp_root>
         % tar xvf /tmp/nv.tar

      - Make all the right links :

        % cd <ltsp_root>/usr/lib
        % ln -s libGL.so.1.0.2313  libGL.so.1
        % ln -s libGLcore.so.1.0.2313 libGLcore.so.1
        % cd /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions
        % mv libglx.a libglx.a.nonnv
        % ln -s libglx.so.1.0.2313 libglx.so

Piece of cake, eh?