All that stuff is right in the documentation.  At least the documentation I have.  I
bet if you re4ad the docs now you will see that also.

Also, sounds like there are two dhcp servers running which in not a good idea.  Shoot,
If I have less than 100 machines i find it silly to use dhcp.  It is a large security
hole as anyone can plug in and be on the nw.

and could we all trim these long emails?

Have fun.

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002 08:41:25 -0800 (PST)
Tony Ly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> spewed into the bitstream:

~Jim,
~
~I'm a happy man now that I finally got it.  What
~happened was I did not have tftp, nfs, dhcp running.
~On top of that, since I have a linksys router, it adds
~another complexity level, All the default IPs have
~192.168.1.X instead of 192.168.0.X as the default
~initialization.  I know you mentioned it in the
~trouble-shooting here and there :)  My recommendation
~would be in the installation document, add a
~prerequite and check list.  In there, mention that we
~have to have the required daemons running (tftp, dhcp,
~nfs...) before proceeding.  It's because many
~installations usually turn off these services for
~security reasons.
~

--

       .--.
      |o_o |     Michael H. Collins
      |:_/ |     Admiral, Penguinista Navy
     //   \ \    http://www.linuxlink.com
    (|     | )   http://kpig.com
   /'\_   _/`\   http://kuro5hin.org
   \___)=(___/   Help save Internet Radio at
                 http://www.saveinternetradio.com