>As for Glibc, that also was compiled directly from the official
>sources.  Installing the libraries was just a matter of moving the
>libraries that I wanted into the /opt/ltsp/i386/lib directory, then
>running ldconfig against that tree.

Ok, I'm a bit stupid, but:
Then it should be possible to just cp the libs from my rh 7.2 server and
run ldconfig on them, right? But, how will  the different apps that
comes with ltsp  react? Is it just to cp the libs in and do
ldconfig -f /opt/ltsp/etc/ld.so.conf  -C /opt/ltsp/etc/ld.so.cache  -r
/opt/ltsp/etc ?

Hmm. You see the original reason for this is that I'm trying (when I got
time) to set up ssh auth for rsh so I do not have to set up a kerberos
or nis domain to use local apps. Now, to get this working I've tried to
install a ssh-server on the client, but it spurts out "wrong glibc"
messages because rh 7.2 uses glibc 2.2.4 while ltsp runs on 2.2.3.

This is an atempt to resolve the issue. If it's just an ldconfig that's
needed I'd be very happy as I will not have to compile all the libs myself.

If someone could just say "yes, you'll only have to du ldconfig after
installing the new glibc libs and everything will work " or "no, you'll
have to recompile" I'd be very happy.

Thanks ,
Tarjei