Hi Cobus,
        it is enough to place an rw instead of ro in /etc/exports file on the
server. However, note that this will make ALL the warkstation mount it in
rw mode, causing the root filesystem to become modificable from every
workstation: this is usually unwanted, even because this fs should never
contain files which are workstation dependent.
What's the need for this, by the way?

> hi
> I just want to know how to mount the / directory on the workstation so that it is
>not a Read only file system.
>
> Cobus Hill

Fabio Papa - italian LTSP translator