Okay firstly this is for local-apps enabled workstations,
I was thinking down the line of, say you have RPMS you want to install for the
workstations it will be a lot easier to boot the workstation with a read-write
environment,  run rpm on the workstation. this will then expand the rpm to the correct
directories and you can then let the workstation mount as read-only again, when your
done.

I know you can also force the rpm to install to a certain dircectory but there are a
few rpms i have encountered that does not allow for this to happen.

Cobus Hill