On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 10:04:00AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Actually, there is no reason an 8086 couldn't run a TCP/IP stack and
> a X server, just not the Linux kernel and XFree86. There may even be
> some old and forgotten software out there for 8086 PC's that provide
> some or all of this functionality.

Yes, but what performance would you have? Sounds more reasonable to
try to get telnet working and use them as text-terminals. I think
there are dos terminal emulators that can do telnet (kermit, and
conex).

ELKS (linux for 8086) seems to be pretty active right now, the first
Beta was released May 1. See http://elk.sf.net

--

Hans Ekbrand