On Saturday 29 June 2002 11:11 pm, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> I have only one problem:  I'm working with all-in-one motherboards, and it
> seems unlikely I'll have the MAC address for the ethernet adapter

It's highly unlikely that you will need the MAC addresses.

MAC addresses are only needed by LTSP when the various workstations on the
network are heterogeneous.  Since all of your workstations will have the same
motherboard, video, NIC etc. you won't need to differentiate them.

Just set up a dhcp pool in dhcpd.conf -- IIRC this is documented fairly well
in the HowTo.

Ken
--
"It's so much easier to pass judgement on a man than on an idea.  Though how
in hell one passes judgement on a man without considering the content of his