On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Bhaskar S. Manda wrote:

> > At the moment we are running Windows terminal server client to access
> terminal services running on Windows NT and 2000. I need a client to run on
> SuSE linux and received and email about Winconnect from ThinSoft that will do
> the job. On searching the internet I came across LTSP. On looking around the
> web site it is difficult to tell if it will provide terminal services to a
> Windows server. Can you please tell me if it does and how it compares with
> Winconnect?
>
> I think Windows Terminal Server is a rebadged Citrix server with some market
> differentiation, and still talks ICA. A Citrix ICA client is available for
> free from their site, that will, in that case, connect to your TS. Your
> requirement is met at this point.

Yes and no. Windows Terminal Server is Citrix's Multiwin (the server side
of the solution) and Microsoft's RDP protocol. It is meant to only work
with Windows clients or RDP based thin clients, but (as mentioned already)
you can use rDesktop (http://www.rdesktop.org/) to connect to Windows
Terminal Server.

ICA is only user withe Citrix add on to Windows Terminal Server.

Michael